Tuesday, January 16, 2007

DON'T SAY LATER

Just thought I'd share some thoughts with my dearest friends.

The devil works very hard to keep us from reading the Bible. The TV, the internet, school, video games, mirrors (to constantly admire ourselves), shopping, sports, social gatherings with alcohol, smokes and music, and a lotta other stuff keep us busy everyday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all these stuff is evil and we must not do ANY of it. But they can great stumbling blocks. Spending too much time on stuff like these and a lack of proper discernment results in little or no time for God and/or a poor relationship with Him. I am guilty of spending too much time on things like that too. We must remember to always put God first in what we do. One very important thing is to read the Bible.

I'm sure most of us have been told probably a million times why we should read the Bible, so I shall spare you guys that. But if anyone out there doesn't know why we should read the Bible, well, you can look for me, or better still, check out the book with all the answers to life's questions - the Bible. (:

Now to what this post is meant to be about. I just want to tell you guys, to read the Bible and DON'T SAY LATER. Why? Well, let me share with you my experiences.

I used to give Jia Jia Bible study over the phone. When this happens, the connection cuts off several times or develops poor sound quality. But we speak quite long before starting and after closing and at those times, the connection is clear and problem-free. When we talk on the phone and not have Bible study, this problem NEVER occurs either.

At work, I'm often quite free after lunch. Sometimes I say to myself, I'll rest for a while and then read the Bible a little later. Sometimes I'll just start reading. But many times the moment I start reading (after my rest or not), my supervisor has some work for me. You may say it's coincidence. But I'm telling you, it happens too many times for it to be a coincidence.

So friends, take heed: read the Bible, and don't say later. Don't open the door for the devil to occupy your time for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home